Friday, February 10, 2006

Beautiful Loved and Blessed

A couple of years ago, I was watching a Prince music video on TV at work and I know I was making some moral judgements in my head. The Lord spoke to me about Prince , "I have blessed him like no one since David" and that he will produce some of the greatest worship music of our generation. He even gave me a prophetic message to deliver to Prince. But, the problem is, I am a middle aged married man with 4 kids, and absolutely no connections to the man. But after a little research, I was directed by someone on a Prince fan club message board online the best way to get the message to him. I sent it off with no return address, so I knew it wasnt about me.
Other than my wife, I had only told 2 people about it, and a couple of months later, my friend Steve said, "Hey, look at this" It was an article in the newspaper about how Prince had renounced his "dirty" language and had become a Jehovahs Witness. I sort of laughed saying,
"Man, I should have been more specific" But as I prayed for him, the Lord told me that is exactly where he needed to be in this season and that I was to pray "Freedom" over him.
Last year, I was standing in the same break room watching some music awards ceremony, and Prince was given some award, and, his final word to the crowd? "freedom"
This past weekend, Prince was the musical guest on Saturday Night Live and here is a snippet of the new song he performed.

When U found me I was just a piece of clay
I was 4mless, U gave me a new name
With the breath of life I now live abundantly
All I needed was the potter's hand
And the blood on Calvary (that's right)

But 2 much power (tell it)
Can can sometimes turn 2 shame 2 much desire
Sometimes makes U feel the same (come on)
But 4giveness is how U win the game
I begged 4 truth, now I know the truth
And that is when U came and said I was...

Beautiful, loved and blessed
I'm better than the day b4
Cause U made me confess that I am...
Beautiful, loved and blessed
When U're free U're really free indeed
All U gotta do is just plant the seed

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

This is very cool to read. I mean it. I felt this way about certain bands I liked. I would *think* "Oh Lord why can't they know you" when I really should have been *praying* for them to know Him. This may sound silly, but keep praying for Prince!

And PS - I love your wifes blog! I saw your link there.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home